Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A long bad day with a positive ending...

Today stated off rough, I was 45 min late to work, DARN IT. I dropped an entire stack about 12 or so plastic square pans from above my head on my hand and the proceeded to hit me in the face as I tried to catch them and then the floor. I found that I could work later since I was late and had 10 hours to play with. So I did, I worked until 2 o'clock. Some strange things were going around today. Enough said about that. On a lighter note, I will say that I do not eat there unless one of my trusted managers is there as I'm so sick an tired of rec'ing the wrong food, it is cold, old or not right. On the other had, we don't eat fast food after 4 in town unless it is Subway or the local Pizza Place. I know either way it will be hot or I'm watching it be made. Unfortunately standards are different, which is in most cases understandable since you have more teenagers working who are only there because mom and dad said they had to be, they don't put the care into it that the day shift does since we need the money. All in all, no shift is perfect everyone has room for improvement otherwise we'd all be Jesus. Since none of us are perfect we must continue to strive to make things better in ways that we can.

So after work today we went to a local hardware store. During check out we ran into a lady we used to know, she had triplets. We were done and getting ready to get out of the lane when Sunshine took of running. Duck thought that he just ran around the corner, he took off after him and Smiley took off after Duck. Then he said he wasn't there. I thought surely he's right there, he's never done that before. Then he wasn't there, I ran to the play area thinking that he was there. He wasn't, I even check he womens restroom on my way out there. I asked the cashier to make sure a little boy didn't leave if she saw him and gave her a description. I ran back into the store and saw Duck runing towards me shaking his head, by the way he had Smiley. I broke down, I was passed by an associate and I asked her for help. She said that the only thing they could do was page him. I told her that he was autistic an he would have no idea what to do after he heard his name. Then I heard Duck talking to him loudly. Duck had found him in the mens room, he had an emergency and had to potty. He was/is used to just going, he did what he knew, he went. I was crying so hard I could hardly breath and my chest was nearly killing me. When I saw him I collasped in an isle, Sunshine came over to me and asked me if I was okay. He started crying and was trying to make sure that I was okay. I finally was able to pull myself together to calm him down and told him that he was a good boy for going to potty. When we aren't at home, he needed mommy or daddy to help so we wouldn't worry about him and that he scared mommy and made her sad by running off. I was ture terror and pure fear, I can't ever imagine having to go through that again.
It has been a long and exhausting day. I'm blessed to have what I have and blessed that Sunshine is safe and sound. On another note, we bout a Kindegarden plan tonight for the boys, we will critique it tomorrow, until then we have projects and fall cleaning to get done.
Night,
Me.

No comments: